SafeHaven is a fantastic option for you and the party animal(s) in your life. We are pleased to offer parties for kids 5 years through 15 years old. All of our parties are held in our humane education room and include the following:
- 15 minutes before the designated party time for setup. You are welcome to bring decorations in addition to what is provided or instead of what is provided. Unfortunately, we cannot put tacks or nails in the walls and do not allow piñatas. No discounts are given if you bring your own decoration items. You are responsible for bringing food, drinks, and any items needed for food and drinks.
- Private use of the Education room.
- At least one dedicated staff member to facilitate shelter provided activities, answer questions, and help as needed.
- Basic Decorations: plastic table covers, four balloons, personalized door sign, birthday banner, and assorted wall decorations.
- Table for food and food related items
- Table for gifts
- Tables and chairs for up to 11 kids (standard package) or 15 kids (extended package), and additional chairs for other guests/adults, not to total more than 25 “party people” in the room without prior approval.
- Use of certain toys/items in the education room during the party: books, puzzles, games, paper, coloring books, coloring items (pencils, markers, crayons).
- A game for up to 11 kids (standard package) or 15 kids (extended package). Game options will be presented to you at time of booking.
- A craft for up to 11 kids (standard package) or 15 kids (extended package). Craft options will be presented to you at time of booking.
- Shelter tour and animal introductions (meeting an animal) as available. The animal residents at the shelter change frequently so the amount/types of animals that parties will be introduced to varies. We will do our best to see that there is at least one cat and one dog introduction done per party unless otherwise requested.
- Goodie bags for up to 11 kids (standard package) or 15 kids (extended package). Estimated value of each goodie bag is $5. Items will vary.
- Opportunity for the birthday kiddo to name a future SafeHaven animal.
- 15 minutes after party end time for cleanup. SafeHaven staff will do most of the cleanup (sweeping, mopping, cleaning tables, throwing out trash, organizing room).
Parties cost $175, of which $50 is a nonrefundable deposit due at booking, and can last for up to 2 hours. The first hour and a half are staff-directed activities and the last half hour is great for gifts and food. Each party can have up to 11 children, (for more than that, there is an additional charge). We can go up to 15 active party participants for an additional $5 per participant over the original 11. Additional adults/people not participating in the craft and game are welcome at the party and do not count toward your guest total, but there is a maximum room occupancy of 25.
Example Party Schedule:
10:45am-11am: Party Family Arrives/Setup
11am-11:10am: Guests arrive, free time in the room
11:35am-12:05pm: Tour/Animal Introductions
12:30pm-1pm: Cake/Gifts (Parent-lead)
1pm-1:15pm: Guests depart and Cleanup begins (Staff will do most of the cleanup)