SafeHaven Humane Society is committed to working hard to keep families and their pet together. An estimated 23 million pets live in poverty with their families. People often struggle financially to afford access to medical and enrichment and training services for their pets; leaving them no choice but to surrender their beloved family members to shelters in hopes of giving them the access to the care they need.
SafeHaven’s goal is to fund a community outreach program that will provide resources and services to pet owners that will:
- Prevent homelessness by providing pet owners the resources that will improve the pets’ overall health and wellness or quality of life.
- Help individuals who financially lack the resources to have their pets spayed or neutered.
- Provide grant funding to help animals that need medical treatment that owners can not financially afford at the time. Grants are limited to $400 per pet.
- Provide free to low-cost micro-chipping and vaccination clinics to the community.
Our pets do a tremendous amount for us. For the elderly, pets provide companionship and a sense of independence. For children, pets provide lessons in responsibility and care for others. Cats and dogs have been successfully used to rehabilitate the sick and incarcerated. Additionally, studies show that pet owners have improved cardiovascular health and immunity to disease.
At SafeHaven, we understand that pets are family. When a pet becomes ill and an owner is not able to care for it, but only wants the best for their family member — that is where SafeHaven is hoping to step in. We hope to make a difference in the life of the pet and for the owners who truly love them and value their companionship.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A GRANT
- Grants range anywhere from $50 – $400
- The grant will be paid directly to the veterinarian.
- The applicant must be able to prove they are not able to provide the funds to assist their pet’s needs.
Please fill out the form below and submit. SafeHaven will reach out to you within 3-5 business days.