We rely on our amazing network of foster care providers to help us rescue and care for animals! We place more than 2,500 dogs and cats in forever homes each year, and hundreds of these animals get their start in our foster care program.
Through foster care, we are able to house more adoptable animals and save more lives. Fostering an animal is a wonderful way to experience the joy of owning a pet for those who are unable to make a permanent commitment to an animal.
We most often need temporary foster homes for:
- Pregnant or nursing cats/dogs;
- Bottle-fed kittens and puppies who are too young to be adopted;
- Ill or injured animals who need a quiet place to heal;
- Dogs and puppies in need of socialization or obedience to prepare them for adoption.
TOP REASONS TO BECOME A FOSTER PARENT:
- It gives you a pet fix without a long-term commitment.
- It’s rewarding to see animals love and trust again due to your nurturing and training.
- #FosterOneSaveOne: When animals are placed in foster care, more shelter space opens up for us to rescue more animals.
- It’s fun to cuddle puppies and kittens!
Wondering what to do if you find kittens? Click here.
If you think fostering an animal is something you would be interested in, give us a call at 541.926.2924 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ready to apply? Download our foster care application and foster care agreement.